Each year, Tuscaloosa International Friends (TIF) hosts four big events that brings all TIF families and students together:
Annual TIF Welcome Party: Usually held in late August, this party is when most of the new TIF students meet their new Tuscaloosa friend(s).
Update: Due to the COVID-19 situation, there will be no in-person TIF Welcome Party in August 2020. We will, however, be hosted a furniture giveaway on Aug. 22 (see below for details).
Furniture Giveaway: Saturday, August 22, 2020 at the Calvary Baptist Church Annex (1208 Paul W. Bryant Dr., Tuscaloosa, AL 35401)
- All attendees must pre-register online: bit.ly/furnituregiveaway
- The order in which we receive completed online pre-registration forms will be the order in which furniture items are given away.
- Upon registering for the giveaway, you will will receive an email with further details, including your appointment time.
- Masks are required for all participants.
- Questions? Email Kristin Reed at email@example.com.
President’s Reception: Usually occurring early in the Fall semester, the President’s Reception is a time when TIF students and families, as well as representatives from UA’s Capstone International Center, meet with the President of The University of Alabama.
Potluck Dinner: TIF’s annual Potluck Dinner occurs in February each year. TIF students and families share a meal with a wide variety of foods. The Potluck Dinner is also when the winners of TIF’s scholarship program are announced.
Spring Picnic: The picnic is TIF’s final “official” event of the academic year. Held at the scenic Camp Tuscoba, TIF students and families enjoy the outdoors with activities such as hiking, paddleboating, fishing, and beach volleyball.